Here is a video someone made that lives in the neighborhood:
Here are some pics that were taken after the hurricane hit Sat. morning. This one was taken at a nearby park. All of the trees were blown sideways and lots of water everywhere! This is Bry and Case by one of the blown over trees at the park. This was a fence in our neighborhood. These were a common sight after the storm. This was a median as we were driving through the community. Lots of debris all over the road and branches that fell off of the big pine trees throughout the community. We went 4 full days without electricity, but made it through without too many scars! We were lucky enough to have our little generator, so we were able to hook up the fridge and chest freezer to that, and not have to waste any food. We feel very blessed to have come through the storm with no damage to our home, cars, or anything else.
Wow, what an experience to go through. I am glad to hear that you guys made it through with no serious damage, except maybe your sanity. I know what it feels like to be without electricity for several days. How do you explain to a two year old that you can't warm up her milk quickly because the microwave doesn't work without power? Anyway, I hope no more wild and crazy weather is headed your way.
I am new to this 'blog' thing and found you on Jamie's blog. I added you to my blog list and if you want, here is my URL: www.pdgwsmith.blogspot.com
I enjoy reading your posts and keeping up with what's happening in your life.
CRAZY! So glad to hear and "see" that you guys made it through that mess. How scary. Sounds like you have also had some fun trips lately. It's always fun to see how you guys are doing.
We have been married for 10 1/2 yrs. Wow, time goes by fast!! We have 4 boys, ages 8, 6, 2, and 1 that keep us busy! We are enjoying life here in China, but miss our family and friends that live elsewhere!
2 comments:
Wow, what an experience to go through. I am glad to hear that you guys made it through with no serious damage, except maybe your sanity. I know what it feels like to be without electricity for several days. How do you explain to a two year old that you can't warm up her milk quickly because the microwave doesn't work without power?
Anyway, I hope no more wild and crazy weather is headed your way.
I am new to this 'blog' thing and found you on Jamie's blog. I added you to my blog list and if you want, here is my URL: www.pdgwsmith.blogspot.com
I enjoy reading your posts and keeping up with what's happening in your life.
~Deanna
CRAZY! So glad to hear and "see" that you guys made it through that mess. How scary. Sounds like you have also had some fun trips lately. It's always fun to see how you guys are doing.
Post a Comment